Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Chanukah, and Happy Late-November Respite (if you get one)!

I’ve been a bit occupied, so no posts lately – but when I look back over what I’ve gotten done since the last entry, I’m not ashamed.

Accomplishments other than writing blog posts since 11/14:
  • Wrote and taught all my other Term III lessons! This included a math lesson on measurement that went awry (in terms of planning more than execution, it went alright overall), a literacy lesson on reading to answer questions that went really well (definitely the best I've felt about anything I've done in the classroom so far), and a social studies lesson on fairness that went surprisingly okay given I did it the morning before Thanksgiving when their classmates were playing games. Phew! Now on to the reflection and writing!
  • Did most of the work for another project for my literacy class. I'll reveal more details in a later blog post, but here's a little teaser:
Exciting things are happening!
  • Got over having a cold. Okay, so that one also involved me having to get a cold and then be sick with a cold, which isn't so exciting, but as far as colds go, this one wasn't so bad...
  • Met a couple prospective students, gave a couple tours, did a web chat -- in other words, got to do all the other parts of my admissions job that are usually incompatible with my schedule...
  • Went to a training for Project WET and Project Learning Tree (two awesome resources for science educators) at John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge - if you're in Philly and haven't been there (it's right near the airport), I highly recommend checking the area out.
  • Saw the new Hunger Games movie. Statistically speaking, so did you.
  • Drove down to Virginia (during that ugly Wednesday afternoon rain and snow) to have Thanksgiving with my mother, play some music and games, and catch up, at long last, on my blogging for you, dear readers. All for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment